Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life lessons from Grandma

My parents have always taught us to work really hard for what we want. As kids we always had family jobs like cleaning movie theaters or Doctors offices, paper routes you get the idea. They always tried to make them fun for us. So leave it to my mom to make shucking corn seem fun. The kids loved helping and in the end they got to eat it.


Livie is our family's fun-hater she was not having any part of it and was showing so by folding her arms in disgust.

PresLeigh and Gavin worked together to get the job done. They didn't fight over which job was whose and it was a great lesson in team work. For anyone who has seen these two interact they always have to have what the other one has. I was a proud mom and daughter seeing my mom and kids working together. It was such a little task but what an awesome memory for my kids of my mom. I love all of my family so much!!

1 comment:

Coley said...

That is a good lesson! I have noticed how much the younger generation doesn't work or even do chores. I do not want my boys to be like that so i guess they need some lessons from Grandma too!