Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just a Thought

Last night Sarah called me and said that one of Coley's distant relatives had a baby that was born with a ton of complications and was not suppose to live at all. Well he showed them and he lived til he was four months old. I'm not sure exactly the order of events but he came home and was doing so well they took him off of his oxygen. This is were it gets fuzzy I heard the story fourth hand, something happened and he went down hill very fast and they basically told his parents they needed to say goodbye that he wasn't going to make it. He died last night at about eleven o'clock I can't even imagine the pain that his parents are going through right now. In that same phone conversation Sarah said that one of her friends was talking to a women who had a five year old that had battled cancer her whole five years of life. They had to amputate a portion of the little girls leg and then finally amputated it all. The little girl was so excited it was over she was going to get her new leg and her life could begin. They tested her leg and apparently it was not free of cancer she had been treated with every treatment they could and her body wasn't responding to anything. The doctor told her mother that she had two days to live. That poor mother said she didn't have the heart to tell her daughter that she is going to die and very soon she is just going to enjoy what little time she has left. So while I was putting PresLeigh to bed she said mom my legs hurt could you rub them. My heart just dropped it made me think of that mom and that sweet little girl. We can't take our healthy children for granted so many of us have healthy kids and it's not til you here stories like this that you realize how blessed we really are. We had our hard times with Olivia but I would rather have a month in the NICU than not know what the future holds for her little life. That must be so devistating for a parent who has so many hopes and dreams for there little baby and to know that there life was cut so short. It was a very humbling phone call last night and I am so grateful for the perspective it brought. Keep these sweet families in your prayers.

4 comments:

Mrs.Mayne said...

Oh look at you with a blog!! How are you liking your new place?

Shannon Abbott said...

It is so true! There is a reason why parents are sposed to die before there kids. I like you r blog. I want to see pictures of your house.

Sherwood Forest said...

Samantha~ What a sweet spirit you have to be so touched by this story and to share it with the rest of us. We do too often take for granted our little ones, and this thought definitely helped me to stop and think about my little ones. I had two friends that miscarried and they both got necklaces from this website http://labelledame.com/ Perhaps it could help your friend to have a momento to have with them at all times.

Mrs. Misses said...

So happy I found you but so sorry to hear about these precious little children. We shouldn't take it for granted, you're right. Can you believe our babies are almost 18 months! Thank you for sharing and I hope to keep in touch!