Friday, September 19, 2008

I really am going to update this blog!!

So I have been really busy with PresLeigh back in preschool, babysitting Addy again, and now I have taken on another little girl to babysit. A typical day in the life of Samantha. Wake up get ready for Addy who could come anytime between 7:05 and 7:35. Get all four kids breakfast, changed, and do three little girls hair. Which for anyone who has girls knows it can be a real battle. Load all four of the kids in the car to go to preschool, all of which are in car seats. Drop PresLeigh off at school at 9:00 come home and unload the kids. Put Livie down for a nap, and try to keep Gavin and Addy out of trouble while doing any laundry I have or run any errands since this is the least amount of children I will have all day. Then I load the three up and pick PresLeigh and Sarah (the new little girl) up from preschool at 12:25. Unload the kids AGAIN, can I just tell you I am so sick of car seats!!! Get the five kids a healthy lunch I put that because I struggle with something that is fast yet also healthy. Any suggestions would be great. Then I let them play for a little, while I start putting them down for naps. First Livie, then Addy who HATES nap time but she sleeps for over two hours so I know she needs it, then Sarah who also HATES naps I don't always make her though she is six and working out of them. Gavin has down time where he gets tricked into taking a nap and PresLeigh usually takes this time to play the computer since she doesn't have a lot of opportunity to. This is my "Happy Time" I usually get dinner started and sit down for the first time of the day at like 2:30 and no one is crying or fighting or asking for a million things at once. Livie wakes up at 3:30 and I wake Sarah up cause her mom is there at 3:45. Addy and Gavin wake up shortly there after this is usually the time when I play referee because the kids have spent all day together and are totally over each other. This is why I make dinner well before dinner time, if I waited to make dinner during this time it would not be made. Also on Thursday's PresLeigh and Addy have dance from 4-4:45 which is more car seat time YEAHH!!! Addy's mom picks her up around 5:30 and I feed the kids and anxiously wait for Nate to come home. I really do enjoy being a stay at home and I couldn't babysit any other kids that would be more compatible with our family. There are times though that I wish I worked, or got to have a drive alone in the car without screaming kids. That is when heavenly father humbly reminds me that there are so many women who don't get to stay home, and my kids are only little once so love this time it will be gone before I know it.

1 comment:

Coley said...

Wow, I didn't know you babysat another little girl too! And to think I sometimes want to pull my hair out just with DOran and Brock! You must have way more patience then me. Your awesome and I love ya!